Named to reflect the theoretical 100 mph maximum speed, the SS Jaguar 100 marked the start of an era when introduced in 1936. It also marked the start of a trademark; the famous Jaguar 'leaper' was first prominently displayed on an SS100.
These cars are widely regarded by connoisseurs and aficionados as one of the most aesthetically pleasing Jaguar cars ever produced.
This particular example is Chassis No. 18061 and is one of the only 198 of the 2.5-litre produced, manufactured on 1st February 1937 and dispatched on the 15th to its first owner W H Harrison, boasting exterior and interior maroon paint.
CMC is carrying out a 15-month full nut and bolt restoration.